We often find that people have problems setting up their email client (Outlook, Entourage, Mac Mail, etc.). This is usually an easy fix and down to a typo or missing checkbox.
- Test your login settings on webmail if it is available (for Blacknight this is https://altmail.blacknight.com), if you login successfully you need to proceed with the next steps. If login fails, contact your administrator and request your credentials to be reset
- In your email client Username is often actually your email address. And ensure you have entered it correctly
- Make sure you have entered your password correctly
- Ensure you have entered the POP/IMAP and SMTP details correctly
- Take a note of any error messages and contact your administrator
- Check to see if you need to tick SSL
- Check that Port numbers are entered correctly